The Committee on Appointments and Promotions (CAP) examines all applications for appointment, promotion, and tenure on which the Academic Senate must pass and makes recommendations for their disposition (Faculty Handbook, January 2002, Part I, p. 35).
Members of this committee are elected by the Senate from among tenured ordinary professors of the several schools for three-year terms (staggered) and are ineligible for consecutive appointment. The proscription of appointment to consecutive terms does not apply to service as an alternate member. The Vice Provost for Graduate Studies chairs this committee, ex officio (Faculty Handbook, January 2002, Part II, p. 11).
The expiration dates of elected senators' terms are shown in parentheses. The term ends in August.
- Dr. J. Steven Brown, Senior Vice Provost for Academic Administration and Dean of Graduate Studies, Ordinary Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering, Chair, ex officio
- Dr. Janice Agazio, Ordinary Professor, Conway School of Nursing (2022)
- Dr. Katherine Jansen, Ordinary Professor, History, School of Arts and Sciences (2021)
- Dr. Kurt Martens, Ordinary Professor, School of Canon Law (2020)
- Prof. Marin Scordato, Ordinary Professor, Columbus School of Law (2021)
- Dr. Andrew Simpson, Ordinary Professor, Music, Rome School of Music, Drama, and Art (2021)
- Dr. Pamela Tuma, Ordinary Professor, Biology, School of Arts and Sciences (term expires Academic Year 2020-2021)
- Msgr. Paul McPartlan, Ordinary Professor, School of Theology and Religious Studies, alternate (2020)
- Dr. Christine Sabatino, Ordinary Professor, National Catholic School of Social Service, alternate (2021)
- Dr. Barry Wagner, Ordinary Professor, Psychology, School of Arts and Sciences, alternate (2022)